Monday, December 15, 2014

We are live!

Now that I have copy and pasted all my previous blogs, I can now blog in real time. When I began blogging(about a week ago), I knew that I wanted to create this for a few reasons

  • A place to vent, record, and remember my experience as an employee
  • To possibly reach other people that are hooters girls, interested in being a hooters girl, blog lovers, and those who just need entertainment
I know I am not the only person to want to this, after all I was inspired by a blog (According to Sauce) that hasn't been updated in almost three years. Her blog is Amazing!!!!!!, but Sauce did move on from being a Hooters girl. I wanted to provide an updated blog into the life of a Hooters Girl as things are constantly changing.

Again, all this is great, but realistically it's already been done. So I began thinking :
  • What can be different about my blog
  • What the hell is my blog name going to be
It randomly dawned on me how I could answer both of these questions....

I am BLACK! 
Yes I am an African American lady working at Hooters!!!!

This fact alone inspired my blog name "Black Hootz"

I think it is already interesting to see a Hooters Girl experience, but I think my ethnicity will give a different aspect than the blogs before me. All the previous blogs I've encountered were created by Caucasian women, and I have the opportunity to speak from a different standpoint. 

I did come across a college thesis from an African American hooters girl, as I am still reading the 110 page thesis and can not express my full opinion yet.

There has always been controversy about black hooters girl ! I came across a few of these tweets last night :


I do not expect a positive or negative point of view but to be as honest as possible. All of my posts will not strictly be on race, but I'm sure I may have some future stories regarding the topic.

XOXO,

Black Hootz

No comments:

Post a Comment