Monday, December 15, 2014

Maniac Monday 12/8/14

I have been waiting for this day all night! My audition day ! I was so excited...
I went to my sister at her shop for yet another makeup appointment.

I arrived at Hooters about 30 minutes early so I sat in my car for fifteen minutes then proceeded to exit my car, pay for my 2 hr parking and walk the one block to Hooters, and walk in at 2:45.

I was given an audition "Things to Remember" paper to advise you of the following

  •  Style your hair and apply make-up for a glamorous appearance
  • Wear light or nude colored undergarments that will not show through the white Hooters tank top
  • Bring a pair of athletic/running shoes,white socks , and tan colored pantyhose

Upon arrival  one of the Hooters girls greeted me, I told her I was there for an audition with Y, she suggested that I sit in the back booth area of the store to wait for his arrival. 

Y arrives greets me and says that a Hooters girl, I shall call her Baby, was going to take my measurements and have me try on a uniform. Baby hand motions me and Y to come where she is, and. She takes me to the employee room. Me and Baby talk, I could tell by her wearing a black uniform on a Monday and the Hooters phone in her back pocket that she must've been someone of importance at this Hooters location, she went on to tell me that she had been a Hooters girl for 8 years(wow, that is dedication).

Baby takes my measurements...,
Me: I really hope I get this job I need it
Baby: Oh your really pretty so you definitely will.
-pause- so that's it?, I'm really pretty 

Me:thank you
Baby: ok let me measure your bottom first, sorry I know this is awkward.
Me: it's ok!
Baby: let's give you an xxs you've got a BOOTY back there!
-pause- hmmm that didn't sound to delightful
*Baby measures my shirt size*
Baby: you are so tiny!
Me: glad to know I'm not fat
Baby: so what size are your boobs?


-pause- ooh, that's what she meant by tiny.
Me: I believe an A possibly an AA
Baby: *passes me an xxxs top*, go to the bathroom and change. Do you have tights?
Me: no
Baby:*passes tights* after you put on your uniform have a seat back at the booth and Y with be back with you
Me: wow thanks! 

Y arrives at the booth with a menu and tells me we are going to do a mock audition where I serve him so I need to memorize an appetizer and an alcoholic beverage to suggestive sell to him as a customer.

He told me he would give me time to look over the menu.

He comes back about three minutes later and says that he has to go into a meeting and he would be back momentarily.

15 minutes turned to 30, 30 minutes turned to an hour. I've memorized more than half the menu, I'm slurping for dear life in my water because I am thirsty. The whole time I sat there two black girls passed by my booth several times not once acknowledging me. After about an hour of me sitting there with my cup at the edge of the table one of them says:

"Oh did you want some more ?"

So how long have you been a server?!?

Me: yes please

The girl brings me back a warm water, with no ice in it. Who taught her? Or maybe she wasn't interested in showing me any hospitality.

After 1.5 hours of waiting Y finally comes out from wherever he was and mouths to me : "I'm sorry"

I give the faint and most phony smile ever imagined. 
Finally two Caucasian girls come back and talk to me one mentions she waited over two hours for her audition, she's only been there three months, the other girl had been there for a year. I asked how they liked working there, they both paused and said they didn't like Monday day shifts because they were really slow and that they were trying to get cut to go home since no one was there. I was glad they were talking to me, it kind of shocked me that the two black girls did not stop and talk to me, nor did they reciprocate a smile as I gave to them.(whatever)

Y comes back and ask if I am hungry I can choose an item off the menu, his treat!
(FYI - I am visually skinny, but I do believe a 300 pound man lives inside of my stomach)
I'm happy free food. I place my order wait for it to come out.

It smells so delicious, it's so fresh! I am about to take a bite into my first curly fry and I hear Y yell to me:

"ya ready?"

I wanted to say no I want to eat , but why would I do such a thing and I need him to be my future manager !

Me: yes! *runs over toward the table Y is seated at*

We do the mock sever audition, Y said I did an excellent job! He asked me one thing I felt I needed to work on and I responded.

Y: So, you have quite a few tattoos there
Me: *gulps* Yes
Y: Our policy here is.....(basically no visible tattoos during the shift!), can you abide to this?
Me: Yes, I am familiar with the product dermablend tattoo make up and I have no problem using that during my shifts.
Y runs to the back of the store, gets a few sheets of paper.
Y: can you hula hoop
Me: noooooot really but I'll try!
I fail terribly at three attempts of hula hooping but my efforts seemed much appreciated! Lol. (Wheres the nearest 8 year old girl to teach me this?!)
Y takes a few pictures of me in the uniform and says: Don't worry these aren't for personal use,there for your file. Are you ready to be a Hooters girl?
Me: Yessss
Y tells me I am hired contingent upon receiving a 90% or better on the ServSafe test online, which by the way is $20. I am also given information about my first few days at work, I also have to sign a tattoo agreement. I ask Y if he could bag my food to-go which he does and then I leave.

I am so happy. I got a job and free dinner.
It's 5:15 over two hours of Hooters but I'm finally ready to hop in my car and go-----

Where is my car?!?!?!?!?

SHIT
My meter expired my car has been towed !(This is a whole separate blog post within itself)
Let's just say I didn't get home until nearly 8pm.

Oh how lovely.
-______-


I attempt to take my ServSafe course after I relax for an hour, however I fell asleep in the middle of the lect---------

ZZZZZZZZ
      ZZZZZZZZZ
             ZZZZZZZZZZZ
                    ZZZZZZZZZZ


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment