Sunday, December 14, 2014

Don't Submit a Selfie!!!

There comes a time in some women's life where they decide that they want to be a hooters girl for whatever reasons.


 I had applied to several different hooters before never to receive a call back, I assumed I did not have the Hooters look, however this was years ago and as a mid-twenties struggling student, Hooters became an option. There are three locally in my city; I decided that the downtown location would probably be the most ideal location as there is lots of traffic downtown.

I decided to apply online at Hooters.Com/Careers.(When I applied 4 years ago they would just say they always accept applications and to come in Monday-Thursday between 2-4pm) I applied for a Hooters girl position as well as the bartender position since I am a licensed and experienced bartender.

 You are required to upload a photo along with your application, so I uploaded a selfie submitted my application, and received an email stating that I would receive a response in 3-5 days if I seem like a good fit for the business. This was sent on 10/14/14 at 10:34pm by 2:44pm the next day I received an email stating "while your skills are certainly impressive, we have decided to pursue other candidates".

  So basically my selfie or my resume or something wasn't good enough and I was furious, and I honestly don't think my application was fully reviewed.

I still applied to other jobs finally being hired in November for a job that starts in January (The end of January) ok that's great but what the hell am I supposed to do until then?

 I still applied to jobs online.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment