Sunday, December 14, 2014

Desperate

The week before Thanksgiving I was desperate, broke, and determined to get a job.

Restaurants are one of the quickest industries to get into so I put Hooters on my life of locations to my visit on my job hunt.

I decide to do my hair and makeup and wear an adorable dress with some Jeffrey Campbell's heels and headed downtown ready to demand to see a manager and get hired here!

 I walked in with a pleasant smile and waited for a hostess, I came around 2:30 so it was fairly slow and I could see the whole store from where I was standing. I noticed several girls around the store not one interested in seeing what I wanted, and I'm sure my frustration began to show on my face. There were two hooters girls in the very back looking like "ughhhh so which one of us is going to deal with that", so FINALLY a girl walks to the front of the store!(Oh so I'm not invisible ?! I actually exist ! Wow)

 So when she fiiiiiiiiiiinally makes her way to the front

 I say "Hi, I'm looking to apply, May I have an application or speak to a hiring manager ?"

  The girl paused, looked at me, gave me a stupid ass business cards and says "go apply online".

 I literally wanted to roll my eyes at her but what would that solve? I gave a very phony smile and calmly  exited out of Hooters and walked the 6 blocks in my 6 inch heels!

I was so pissed;

once again I was over Hooters.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment